i wrote this about 7 months ago and found it in my drafts. here you go!
my blogger friend, mrs. dexter, inspired me. i call her my blogger friend because i really don’t know her other than her totally rad blog. which i think is kind-of cool.
anyway, she inspired me to write a list of things i’d like to do before i’m thirty. i’m 23 (shocking, i know) shoot, i’m 24 now, is that still shocking? and i have approximately 6 5.5 years left to accomplish these things. so, because i’ve been dreaming and scheming about a lot of these things anyway, here you go.
in no particular order…
- ride in a hot air balloon
- travel overseas to another country CHINA 2012 BABY!
- develop my (limited) graphic design skills and design a website/blog
- create my own craft blog/shop
- become proficient at five new craft skills (such as
quilting, needle-point, crochet, etc.) design and develop at least one unique, from-my-own-brain craft(hopefully more to come!)
- pay off all debt
pay off our mortgage for our mobile homeSOLD MAY 2013 pay cash for a second car(we did this, but then that car kind of fell apart, so now we have a nice new honda and a car payment, so we’re still working on goal #7 at this point)
- save 6 months of expenses
- buy a house (one that has a foundation and everything!)
- run a 5K
- meet my goal weight and maintain
- become a mother (Lord-willing)
- develop a home management system that works for me
- plant a garden
eat more food it it’s most natural form
- study the entire bible in depth
- research and form my own opinions about birth, vaccinations, child-rearing
- learn how to french braid my hair
- become more hilarious (while trying to curb any offending sarcasm at the same time)
buy my husband a new musical instrument
- read 60 books (approx. one per month)
- attend a birth
buy a cow or a half cow (not alive, to eat, from a real farm)just ordered a quarter of a cow!
- learn how to play an instrument (even if it’s the kazoo)
- share the gospel with someone
- work up to giving 20% of our income away
- make my children their own clothes
- plant a tree
3 thoughts on “30 Before 30”
ooh! I want to make one of these! I love your goals. you are a beautiful person.
ps. good luck trying to be more hilarious than you already are. that does not seem possible, clever girl.
you are amazing my sister!