This is a fun little meal I kind-of made up when I didn’t want to cook a full out dinner after a big grocery shopping trip. Unlike most of my culinary creations, this one actually got rave reviews from my husband! YUM!
- 2 thin Chicken Breasts (or one sliced in half the long way)
- 1/4 cup Italian Dressing
- 4 slices Pumpernickel Rye Bread (or a yummy bread of your choice)
- Swiss Cheese
- Red Onion
- Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- Marinade chicken in dressing for 30-45 minutes
- Place chicken and remaining dressing in pan, cook completely
- While chicken is still in hot pan, place cheese and onion on top
- Butter one side of each piece of bread
- Put chicken on UNbuttered side of bread, top with lettuce and another slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Place sandwich on a hot griddle, in a hot pan (preferable not the one with chicken juice in it), or if you’re really fancy you could put it in an actual panini press (a george foreman grill works fine as well)
- Cook both sides for about a minute or two, remove and enjoy!
The sandwiches are pretty filling, but they go great with a salad or chips and dip if you’re extra hungry!